KEYS is committed to operating efficiently to save you money.
Today, KEYS' average residential customer bill is 30-percent lower than it was seven years agao - and we're working to keep it that way. Our base rate is lower as a result of cutting costs and investments in technology; and our power cost adjustment charge is lower too since we pass on the reduced prices of natural gas to you. We have lowered our costs and in turn can provide you with lower energy costs on your monthly bill.
If you'd like to take control over your energy usage and lower your bill even further, view our energy saving programs and resources.
At KEYS, we understand how much you depend on electricity. When you flip the switch, you expect the lights to come on. We agree.
That's why we're committed to building a stronger, smarter grid to deliver electric service you can count on in good weather and bad. While KEYS is one of 94 of the nation's more than 2,000 public power utilities to earn the Reliable Public Power Provider (RP3) designation from the American Public Power Association (APPA) for providing consumers with the highest degree of reliable and safe electric service - we're never satisfied. We work year-round to improve your service even more. Here are some of the things we're working on:
- Upgrading electric poles throughout KEYS' service area to poles capable of withstanding category 5 hurricane-force winds.
- Conducting helicopter and infrared surveys of equipment to identify and repair issues before storms approach.
- Testing and replacing electrical transformers to ensure they do not fail during storms.
- Upgrading lightning protections at all electrical substations and on electric poles.
- Maintaining a robust tree trimming program all year to avoid preventable power outages.
Check out our nationally recognized reliability statistics and how they stack up against other utilities.