It's The LawFLORIDA MOVE OVER ACT NOW PROTECTS UTILITY VEHICLES
Keys Energy Services' (KEYS) crews are protected by the Florida Move Over Act, as they work alongside local roads and highways to power paradise.
Effective July 1, 2014, the Act was amended to include utility service vehicles and sanitation vehicles to the list of public safety vehicles motorists must already slow down or move over for to protect personnel who work on roads and highways. The amendment was written by State of Florida Representative Holly Raschein and passed as part of a larger Florida Transportation bill (HB 7005).Under the law, motorists are required to:
- Approach law enforcement patrol cars, emergency vehicles, utility service vehicles, sanitation vehicles, and tow trucks/wreckers with caution.
- Change lanes away from public safety vehicles if traveling on a multi-lane roadway and able to move over safely; or
- Slow down while maintaining a safe speed of 20-mph below posted speed limits, being careful not to impede or block the flow of traffic unless otherwise directed by a law enforcement officer.
Violating the Move Over law can result in a fine and points on your license.
"For many of the men and women in the public utility industry, our roadways are their workplace," said Representative Raschein. She added that, "anything we can do to make their workplace safer and better protect them while they're doing their jobs is a good thing, I am just happy I was able to play a part by sponsoring this legislation."
Specific provisions of the law can be viewed online at www.leg.state.fl.us
- Keys Cares About the Environment. Click to learn more
- Find us on Facebook!
- Follow us on Twitter!
- Home Power Advantage
- Sunshine State One Call of Florida
- Keys' Renewable Energy Projects
- Keys Cares
- Storm Center
- Value & Reliability
- Move Over, It's The Law
This website is hosted by a server powered and cooled by renewable energy
All content and site design ©2017 Keys Energy Services
P.O. Box 6100
1001 James Street
Key West, FL 33040
Phone: (305) 295-1000
Fax: (305) 295-1085
Webmaster Contact: Julio.Torrado@KeysEnergy.com